With more than a decade of editorial experience, I am well-versed in all facets of the publishing and journalism industries.
As a magazine editor I have:
- developed sources, written trend pieces, and interviewed such bestselling authors as Dean Koontz, Suzanne Collins, and Veronica Roth
- managed a freelance staff of 50
- edited front-of-book matter and more than 250 book reviews per issue for RT Book Reviews, a women’s fiction magazine.
As a website editor I have:
- written, scheduled, and edited all web content including columns, interviews, and trend pieces for RTBookReviews.com
- promoted all content and RT’s overall brand across social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
As a freelance editor I have:
- edited manuscripts for Harlequin E, the publisher’s digital-only imprint, as well as for private clients
- managed author acquisition, manuscript editing, photo selection, and page proofing for multiple-book series for Enslow Publishing
- compiled and edited weekly a e-newsletter for a local organization with a large member base
- written and edited marketing materials for local businesses, including brochures, press releases, and more.